Few companies make their own products anymore, so how do you identify an outsourced manufacturer or co-packer who will truly be a strategic partner, not just another vendor? What are qualities you should look for? How do you negotiate the best terms? Speakers Heather Govea of CJ Foods and David Woodward of Cosmic Pet will share their insights and wisdom gained from 30+ years of working both as a vendor and a customer. A few of the juicy tidbits you will learn:
- Why you must always visit your suppliers in PERSON
- What happens when you shortcut on quality to save money
- Why backup vendors are NOT optional!
- How to begin the relationship on the right foot
- Understand capabilities up front - every supplier will have unique pros and cons
- Creating a realistic timeline